Unknown or untreated chronic diseases or non-compliance with medication can significantly affect the ability of employees to function optimally resulting in absenteeism and presenteeism.
Chronic disease management will focus on:
- Compliance monitoring for those employees who are known to have a chronic condition and / or known to be on medication for the condition.
- Bio-markers will be checked monthly for employees with a chronic condition.
- Set number of employees will be screened at each visit by the Registered Professional Nurse in order to identify persons with unknown chronic conditions and will focus on:
- Blood Pressure for Hypertension
- Glucose tests for Diabetes
- Body Mass Index for Obesity
- Cholesterol Testing for Hyperlipidemia
Chronic disease management will form part of the Primary Health Care service.